Better Than Television

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Mother Teresa's Smile

To smile at someone who is sad; to visit, even for a little while, someone who is lonely; to give someone shelter from the rain with our umbrella; to read something for someone who is blind: these and others can be small things, very small things, but they are appropriate to give our love of God concrete expression to the poor.

-Mother Teresa

Everyone who has spent time with people who do not speak the same language realizes that a lot of smiling goes on. I think its pretty funny how much the patients at Prem Dan and I smile at each other. We can't really do much else in terms of communication but the smile seems to mean quite a lot. I hope what Mother Teresa said is true in my life and that my smiles are not just habit or awkwardness but rather an expression of love for God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home